Job Posting: Ohio Center for Law Related Education Program Assistant
OCLRE is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that provides civics, law, and government programming and curricula to teachers and students (approx. grades 3-12). The program assistant will work with members of a small staff to organize and execute various program related tasks. The program assistant will perform various clerical duties and will assist in preparing and delivering materials and resources to constituents, including teachers and volunteers. Responsibilities may include program research, data entry, mailings, and customer relations.
Applicant must be highly motivated, organized and able to take direction well. Efficiency and attention to detail are essential. Applicant should have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are ideal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative Support: Provides necessary support to the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and program staff to develop and implement programs and events including, but not limited to, general clerical duties (copying, mail processing, phone and email support, file maintenance, scheduling and calendars, etc.), distribution of promotional materials, routine correspondence, data entry, ordering and maintaining supplies and resources, and on-site program support. Assists with research and data collection to support grant proposals.
- Finance Support: Responsible for processing accounts receivable, maintaining complete and accurate ledger records, and adhering to all relative protocols and procedures. Develop and maintain budget for areas of responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A record of successful and innovative nonprofit and/or educational program administration including management of large and multifaceted projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and willingness to learn database and website systems.
- Ability to provide managerial support to staff and to organize, direct, and coordinate multiple activities.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (educators, students and their families, business leaders, members of the legal community, public officials, potential donors).
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to create complete and concise correspondence using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Values diversity in staff and constituents, including educators, students, and volunteers; seeks to be inclusive in recruiting, engaging and retaining professional staff and volunteers.
- A collaborative, open, consultative professional demeanor.
Pay and Benefits:
This is a part-time hourly position paid $15-20 per hour, depending on experience. Eligible to participate in Paid Time Off (PTO) program. Friendly and flexible work environment.
This position usually works a standard (Monday – Friday) work week in accordance with OCLRE Personnel Manual. Occasional evenings and weekends for peak program times and professional development activities.
How to apply:
This is an exempt part time position. The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an at-will employer that seeks to attract, employ, and retain highly skilled and motivated individuals, attempts to maintain staff continuity for the efficiency of its operations, and desires to foster and maintain an ethical, professional, and impartial work environment.
Interested candidates should send the following to Kate Strickland, Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, P.O. Box 16562, Columbus, Ohio 43204 or via email to email@example.com.:
- Cover letter explaining how individual’s background and experience satisfy the qualifications and why the candidate is interested in the position
- List of three (3) professional references with contact information
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by 5:00 pm. April 24, 2017. Please do not duplicate your application and no telephone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, please visit oclre.org.